Chapter 1: How to get a 360° view on a topic
Venture news, market estimates, patents, scientific publications, blogs, etc.—you never know where an interesting innovation may emerge. That's why you should approach a topic from multiple angles.
Video and example links in Mergeflow
Example links in Mergeflow
360° overview—a quick glance
Venture capital investments
- Patents for patent class B23K ('welding and soldering') →
- Emerging technologies in "welding" patents →
- Patents on "welding" and "deep learning" →
- Science publications on "welding" and "microfluidics" →
- Co-author network of scientists who work on "welding" and "microfluidics" →
You don't have a Mergeflow account and would like to try this out?
Staying informed on new developments
Once you've got an initial 360° view on a topic, you might want to stay informed on new developments in this topic. Not just new venture fundings, just R&D publications, or just news—you need all of these. I show you how to do this in this video.
And here is additional background in our technical knowledge base: